I'm heading to Chicago this weekend to visit one of my besties and to attend the Simply Stylist Fashion and Beauty Conference on Saturday! I'm so excited to be heading back to my old stomping grounds and one of my favorite cities! I will of course be grabbing some pizza at Lou Malnati's, checking out some of my favorite shopping spots, and networking with some fabulous people at the conference.
I've put together a travel guide of some of my must have items for flying. Airport travel can be such a pain sometimes, but I like to be prepared with my go-to essentials.
1. Flat slip on shoes are a must for going through security.
2. A comfy cotton Midi Dress. This black one from American Eagle is so cute. I like to travel in a dress, some people do not, but I find it much easier...it's simple to throw on when I'm leaving for an early flight. This one has sleeves and it's a longer length which I love!
3. J.Crew Jean Jacket -- A jacket is a must in the airport and on the plane. It is always cold.
4. I keep it pretty simple with the jewelry. Usually a pair of studs or a smaller earring is all I wear. I love these Kate Spade Day Tripper Earrings.
5. Sunglasses -- I have to have sunglasses to sleep on the plane :)
6. A Neck Pillow -- those darn chairs are not the most comfortable and it helps so much to have one of these!
7.EOS lip balm -- really, I take it everywhere.
8. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Compact Mirror for touch ups
11. Henri Bendel Travel Tote...this one is on my wish list!
12. Pink Travel Luggage
13. Magazines and Tickets/Travel Itinerary
Follow along with me on my mini vaca for the next couple of days on Instagram and Twitter!!! @Jana_Meister